free website stats program 2010 Ultra Classic? | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Ultra Classic?

Joe,
Trading up to a 10 would be a noticeable improvement IMO. Unless your looking at the Ultra Limited, you may consider a new 09 if you can find one. There are a few improvements on the 10 VS the 09 such as a different cut 5th gear, but the bikes are basically the same as far as I know, and you could save some cash. If I were to buy a 10 it would be the limited because the upgrades are decent and cost effective. Chrome wheels, 103" engine and I believe heated seats are included. (Maybe more options included) I have seen the limited's at $24999. Basically for 2-3K more and you get at least that in upgrades. If these are not important to you, then I would look to the 09. JMO. Good luck.

Thinking of tradeing in my 07 for a 10. Anyone have a 2010 Ultra? Just looking for a thumbs up or down.

I swapped my '07 Ultra on a '10 a few weeks ago. I was a bit nervous because I really liked the '07. However it was a good move because the handling on the '09/'10s is light years ahead of what preceded it!

I ran a 160 Elite 3 on the back of the '07, had a swingarm stabilizer, ThunderMax ECM, True Duals and SE breather. They were all Band-Aids. The wider stance and new frame obsolete everything before it. With the addition of slipons only and a few hundred breakin miles I feel the '10s performance is comparable, it feels like it has more torque and it seems to spool up faster. The handling in the twisties rivals my FXR. The bike is just so smooth it's ridiculous.

I'm kinda cranky about the fact that H-D and Dunlop came up with oddball wheel sizes that nobody else makes tires for and Dunlop only sells 'em to dealers, effectively cornering the market and charging whatever the market will bear. But the 407/408s are a great handling tire. Not so much as a wobble or a wander in construction grooves or grated bridges and they make tar strips insignificant.

The new helical cut 5th gear was a nonissue for me as I never heard anything objectionable from my '07. The new seats are a step down from the Comfort Stitch saddle that fit me perfectly though. I'll be having my seat reworked in a month or so. The larger fuel door gets in your way refueling and when the tank looks full you can still squeeze in over a half gallon. My fuel gauge isn't nearly as accurate as my previous 3 Ultras and whoever engineered the 28-spoke cast wheels never considered that someone might want to check the pressure or put air in them.

The heat that used to broil my thighs in stop n go traffic on hot days is gone due to the combo of rerouted exhaust, under-seat heat shields and the EITMS shutting down the rear cylinder. You get a bit of warmth on your right calf now due to the rerouted exhaust that I only noticed with the lower fairing vents open. Still, it isn't the blister-raising situation the '07 was.

Yeah, there's still a few little boogers here n there but all in all I feel I made an excellent move. Go ride one and decide for yourself.

TL

Hey TL, what do you use to check the air pressure?

Why, an air gauge, of course :lero

I've got a dial-type gauge with a 90-degree head that works OK. Better yet is the mini I picked up on at an Auto Parts place somewhere, about an inch and a half long... they usually have a display of 'em on the counter. The mini also has a 90 degree head with the pop-out graduated stick thingie (technical term). Little magnet on the back is handy to stick it on the metal tab inside the front of the Tour Pak. Another handy little tip I picked up... the antennas take some oddball sized hex key... possibly metric. The key comes with every new bike with antennas for the techs to use when they put 'em on. Rarely do they go with the bike but the tech's toolboxes are full of 'em. I've got one taped to the inside lip of the Tour Pak in case I have to tighten up one of those little, bitty set screws. Which means I'll never need it because I always have it. :D

Getting an air chuck on the valve stems square enough to let air in the tire is a trick as well. Once again, ya need a 90 degree chuck, anything angled is gonna foul either the cast spokes or the brake rotor. The rear isn't too bad but you have to pull the front valve over at an angle to get a good seat. I can see some leaking valves in the future if folks get too aggressive with 'em. When the rubber gets changed I expect I'll have some 90 degree valve stems put in.

TL

The only tire gauge I found that would fit well, are of course the ones sold by the MOCO.
75110_98B_M_1c443.jpg
75137_98B_M_1c446.jpg

Back