free website stats program 2010 Streetglide Windshield | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Streetglide Windshield

bbs15

Just want some information. I have been riding an 02 Fatboy for 8 years without a windshield. I have heard a lot of complaints about the wind buffeting on the Streetglide with the stock windshield. Am I going to notice this buffeting or will the addition of any windshield be better than no windshield at all.

Thanks..........BBS15..

My 09 Ultra had that buffeting with the stock windshield. It was enough to rattle the head and bring about that tension headache.

I went with a Klock Werks 11.5 inch windshield that has the curved lip at the top and designed to push the air to the side and create a more uniform flow rather than that turbulent flow that leads to buffeting.

I rode my 90 Fatboy for 18 years with no windshield so it's really up to you whether you want one or not. I'm sure there are pros and cons to adding one (safety, flow reductions, etc.).

Good Luck

Thanks for the info, but I didn't really explain myself properly. I am going to purchase a Streetglide, and want to know if it would be a more comfortable of a ride as far as the wind goes than on a Fatboy without a windshield.

Thanks again...BBS15..

Thanks for the info, but I didn't really explain myself properly. I am going to purchase a Streetglide, and want to know if it would be a more comfortable of a ride as far as the wind goes than on a Fatboy without a windshield.

Thanks again...BBS15..

Yes FAR more comfortable.However the batwing fairing while taking wind off your chest will create a more severe buffeting condition at your head at highway speed.That tiny windshield looks slick but most people who ride more than 1 hour trips opt for something more practical.

Myself, I have an 08 FLHX and went with a klockwerks 6.5" and like it alot.Others realy like the Clearview recurve line.If you do a search on the forum you'll find alot of info on the subject.

You're definitely going to notice the buffeting - it's up to you whether it's a big deal or not.

I have 2 Clearviews with the recurve (6 1/2 and 8 inch I think) and 2 different height shields from Fastaire. Yes, I'm engaged in the endless pursuit of the perfect windshield for me and my passenger. So far I'm happiest with the taller Clearview. You have to like the very unique look of a Klockwerks shield to put one on your bike but I hear they work as well as any other.

Going from no windshield, to a fairing with a short windshield, will at first be like going to heaven. It's so nice that it won't take too long to start noticing little things like wind buffeting. Overall, I don't think it's really that bad, but riding a batwing is different, we tend to be fussy about comfort. :newsmile011:

I just replaced my 9.5" FastAire with a 10.5" V-Stream. I have not had it up to 70+ yet, but there does appear to be some difference at 50. More info later...

Enjoy,
Rich P

I went from no windshield ever in 30 years to a 09 Glide and ...after switching the stock shield to a clearview 8.0 I am able to ride in complete bliss. Takes the wind off the chest and tosses the wind above my head. You are goiing to love it...just a quick thought...If you can get an 09 off the floor you should grab one...youll save big and have a great ride. I used to do the ride from Sturgis back home in one day (early am to late pm) on a bike with no shield and was always beat...now I do it and it is completely chill not getting pounded by the headwinds. Either way...enjoy your new scoot.:s

I've been riding my 03 FLHT since new and I have no complaints about how it handles because of the windshield or fairing. It is a well handling bike and a real comfortable ride. I think you will be pleased with a Streetglides ride over your Fatboys.......

OK. I have given the 10.5" V-Stream (from National Cycle) a good go. It does appear to change the turbulance profile, reducing it, right around my head. She is a beauty.

The one thing is that it is a bit more flexible and heavier than the original FastAire. This has changed the resonance characteristics of my new Woody's batwing fairing. There is one rpm, when I am starting off or doing slow-speed manuevering, where the fairing and windshield oscillates and gets to really flapping. I have had to really tighten it down, to keep the windshield from flapping out and loose. I suppose it's OK, as long as I can keep the windshield in the fairing without tightening it down enough to break it.

So far, so good...

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back