free website stats program 2010 Personal Performance Upgrades | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Personal Performance Upgrades

Breeze3at

Experienced Member
Now that I tricked you here for what you thought was a Harley hop up topic.
:D
I know a lot of us forum members are at our "height of maturity", and may need to ACTIVELY persue a healthier lifestyle. Would many be interested in participating in a sticky thread that we can post our efforts to improve our health, and get encouragement from other members? I have gained about 20 lbs. since I retired, and need to lose it, plus some previous weight. I know a few on the board have had thier wake up calls, I don't want one, but I keep saying tomorrow....... Thoughts? Input?

I do floor excercises every night without fail it helps my bad back and strenthens my legs

I take the dog out for a walk every day i do about 3 miles its all across fields up and over the hill at the back of the house we go out every day in all weather and during the week in the winter its in the dark
as an ex infantry soldier im comfortable being out in the dark and i carry a night vewing device
But still seem to be getting a wee biy heavier every year

Brian

i sit at home and drink beer and eat chocolate - but not any more come new year my MTB will be out in force and i will back on a strict high protein/low fat diet with 3-4 days in the gyn doing 60mins of weights, i intend to get back to 6.5 miles in 1hr 15mins

Gee Hobbit; I really hope that was a typo (gyn = lady doctor). :laugh

Living a pretty healthy life style, but will do more exercises and get out more with the MTB and Road Bike...! Since getting the Harley, taking the bike more to work and enjoying the out of doors. Cage is too easy and quick a decision for commuting, and now with more grandkids...just have to go and see family more often! Maybe start tackling items on my bucket list too...for health reasons of course! :D

Hey Breeze - to answer your original question - yes, I'd be interested in a fitness thread. As long as it didn't become bogged down with folks posting their daily workout and what they ate that day!

I'd be looking for long term success stories, AKA motivation, and truly innovative ideas for working out - methods and equipment - that sort of thing.

Nice thing about a tread mill is when you deside your done you already home.
And weather never is a problem.

LOL I got to agree with this one LOL Been a few times I was out on a long stroll though the forest for exercise only to say man its another hour back to the car LOL

I lift weights 4 days a week and treadmill 5 days, each day it takes up about 90 min max of my time.

Hey Breeze - to answer your original question - yes, I'd be interested in a fitness thread. As long as it didn't become bogged down with folks posting their daily workout and what they ate that day!

I'd be looking for long term success stories, AKA motivation, and truly innovative ideas for working out - methods and equipment - that sort of thing.

+ 1 on this!!! my doc says my bad cholestrol is to high , my good is to low and my belly is to round!!!!!

============================================

Doc, that's the direction I was thinking also. And not just fitness, but quitting smoking/ drinking, whatever an individual needs to do to extend thier riding years. Maybe a starter post to state you objective, then updates, to keep the morale up. Or encouragement when backsliding. Definately not a daily blog.

Back