free website stats program 2010 FLSTC - buzzing from fork cover | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 FLSTC - buzzing from fork cover

Keithhu

Folks, see attached. I'm getting a loud buzzing noise form the top of the fork cover as I accelerate through the upper RPM range each time before I shift. And its constant if I'm in 5th gear at about 55 as well. Its driving me nuts.

I know its coming from there because I can reach over the bars and press on it and it stops. The weird thing is that it doesn't appear to be loose at all, when I press on it to stop the buzzing I have to press pretty hard.

Any insight on this one would be appreciated...

Attachments

• forkcover.JPG
    forkcover.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 29
You could loosen the tins and reposition them. If that or the rubber grommets that Hobbit mentioned doesn't do it, there's always a dot of silicone between the parts as needed and let it set before reassembling them. It will act as a snubber.

Yeah, its probably what I will do, problem is that time spent at the dealer is time not spent on the road. :D

I was also curious to know if other people have had this problem as well....

Not only that but they would probably give you the bike back and say they didn't see the problem.:no

I think I found the problem. The headlight is slanted slightly to the right to avoid blinding oncoming traffic, but i believe its too close to the fork cover and causing the buzzing. I tried pushing on it but its too stiff, especially considering I cant really apply much pressure because the headlight is in front of it.

So... this one is for the dealer to take care of, possibly by moving the light to the left a smidge....

You should be able to loosen the bolt that holds the headlight under the bottom of the lower triple tree just a tiny bit and just move the light a hair to clear the tins.

Back