free website stats program 2010 Fat Bob Windshield | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Fat Bob Windshield

c-load

I just bought a used 2010 fat bob and its my first street bike. I have always ridin dirt bikes and im having an issue with when i get on the highway to take a ride for the day the wind kicks my but. I looked into the 19 inch windshield for 350 at the dealer. Im wondering if their is other places to get the same windshield just not named harley or am i stuck with buying from the dealer? Also does the windshield really help out for this? i plan on doing alot of highway riding and if in town just taking it off. Thanks for the help.

There's tons of threads on this site about windshields and buffeting. I use the Harley detachable on my FXDC, along with a fork bag. Takes care of most of it, but not all. I've had it off for a few months, and tonight put it back on and was surprised how much it helped. Unless highway riding though, prefer no windshield. Like that feeling of the wind on me. I do recommend the Harley detachable, well made and comes on/off in seconds. Good luck with it.

Jimmy

I don't know about non-HD makers, but the HD detachable on the fat bob makes a BIG difference in riding comfort. I did the same thing -- took it off once and rode freeways at 70 or so for an hour. Along the way I noticed my forearms were tired -- from hanging on. Head checks on lane changes put a strain on my neck when the wind took my helmet. Note to self at the end of that ride: don't ever do that again. I'm pretty tall and look over the top of that shield. I get a little wind in the face which the shield on my helmet takes care of. What that thing really does is block all the wind from your chest. Other threads on this board talk about head buffeting. I've never felt it. I just wish it somehow covered the hands a la fairing.

You could try going to your local dealer and test riding a bike with a windshield. I have ridden with and without and especially at interstate speeds prefer to have it on. It will not stop all the wind but does drastically decrease it.

Thanks for the info. I think i will go to the dealer to get one then. I will just take it off when riding in town.

Back