free website stats program 2010 CVO Ultra Thermal Management issue | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 CVO Ultra Thermal Management issue

Rob Sundstrom

My 2010 CVO Ultra has the "parade" mode on it, where if you are idling along it will cut the front jug out to cool the engine. The issue is that I have this feature turned off and it still happens, but not when I am idling along as designed- it happens at speed. Last time it happened was at about 80 in a curve- just dumps the front jug for 15 to 30 seconds. Has anyone else had issues with this and can anyone suggest a fix, short of giving it back to the dealer?

Thanks

Rob

Hmmm. I think the ETIMS shuts down the REAR cylinder when it is activated, and the criteria are met. See here:

Harley Davidson Community

If you have the FRONT cylinder shutting down, I would suspect another problem.

TQ

and can anyone suggest a fix,

You have a problem but I bet it is not a parade mode issue. Even if the ECM thought the engine was overheating while going 80 MPH, the off idle position of the throttle body would not allow parade mode to kick in.. You have something else cooking that is giving you this problem and dropping a cylinder. For starters perform a WOW test just to see if you have any historical codes stored.

It would really help to know the mileage and what add-on changes or fuel enrichment devices you have on the bike. Was there a previous owner.
Does it only happen while at highway speeds. If at low speeds also, will it bring the bike to a complete stop where you must crank it to get it started once again.

I am not sure if it is the front jug or back jug. The impression I got was the front jug for some reason that makes no sense to anyone- it could be either jug. The bike has one owner- me - slip on mufflers and a stage 1 kit in it- that is all the mods to the motor, about 21k on the bike as of now.

Thanks

Back