free website stats program 2010 2 into 1 exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 2 into 1 exhaust

I have a new 2010 Street Glide and I am looking to repalce the exhaust. I prefer the looks of the 2-1-2. I also would prefer a "blue proof" model, what can I say, I am a bit vain.

Any suggestions? I prefer a nice deep sounds vs. just loud. Also will my performance be inpacted much? I will combine the new exhaust with a stage 1 and some kind of power commanderish device with a dyna tune.

Monolith

Monolith,most of the full system exhausts should come with heat shields that will cover and hide any bluing that should occur.

Thanks for the tips, on my 06 Heritage, I installed a Stage 1, Power commander, and Vance & Hines 2 into 1 exhaust. Had the bike dyna-tuned and the exhaust turned completely gold\purple. Had the turning re-checked at another location and it was still as perfect as they could make it.

I talked to the Vance & Hines guys at the sturgis booth and they told me that a small % of their pipes gold\purple even when the engine is in perfect tune. I live in Washington state which hardly a high temp state.

Monolith

Monolith - I've got V&H Power Duals with Monster Ovals on my 09 Road King. Also installed a stage one. I love the low.....but not harsh...sound of the pipes and also like the looks.

Monolith - I've got V&H Power Duals with Monster Ovals on my 09 Road King. Also installed a stage one. I love the low.....but not harsh...sound of the pipes and also like the looks.

Ditto to this! I had a 2009 FLHX and now a 2010 FLHX, went with the power duals and monster ovals. I also added a SE air cleaner, the bike runs fantastic! sooo, I went to the dealer being we are supposed to have a down load to richen up the fuel among other things...save your money, I did this and the crisp throttle went away and my exhaust was coal black at the tips, the bike was drowning in fuel. I took it back and they flashed the factory settings, bike runs excellent! I feel the 2010 o2 sensors can make up the difference, plus the monster ovals, actually have some back pressure to them and may...even though they are free flowing mimic the factory exhaust...just my two cents.

Back