free website stats program 2009 Xr1200 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Xr1200

chrishdguy

Has anyone here bought a 2009 XR1200 yet?? We have one in the showroom, and it keeps torturing me every day not to own it..... :D

That makes sense. I am a Buell fan, and I love the new 1125R. I myself have always had a facination with the XB12X Ulysses as well. I did read up on the XR1200, being that it was in Europe and could not try one. Of course, up here in Wisconsin, we don't have the option of trying one out now either. But I remember the article Cycle World did on it, and I remember, to quote the magazine, "This is the greatest motorcycle Harley-Davidson has ever built." I was hoping that to be true.

Definatly not. They really need to get back to the times when they find out and know what the riders are looking for.

At any rate, I am a fan of Cycle World. I thoroughly enjoy their comparison articles. But, alas until Spring comes, I will not have the chance to try one out. :(

That makes sense. I am a Buell fan, and I love the new 1125R. I myself have always had a facination with the XB12X Ulysses as well. I did read up on the XR1200, being that it was in Europe and could not try one. Of course, up here in Wisconsin, we don't have the option of trying one out now either. But I remember the article Cycle World did on it, and I remember, to quote the magazine, "This is the greatest motorcycle Harley-Davidson has ever built." I was hoping that to be true.

Actually, in the strictest sense the XR probably IS the greatest as far as raw performance for the SPORTSTER genre...the V-ROD is probably greater though due to it's ground up HD design in conjunction with the best PORCHE & BREMBO had to offer. :)

The Buell is...a BUELL with only trace bits of HD Sportster genetics infused into Buell rolling stock, chassis and brakes, and as Hobbit says out performs them both by sheer housepower to weight, stubby chassis, with braking and handling unmatched due to it's inherent race/performance bred design, no apologies for comfort or long term street ride rideability features, being a distant secondary priority.:D

the xr isnt intended to be a high gloss flashy bike its ment to be minimalistic as a real racer should be, but it really needs more hp to make it worth it cos who wants a bike u cant really cruise on n still if u wanna go fast, the other guys who wanna go fast leave u behind. if your into flat tracking the style will mean something, the air box lets it down but i think k&n make a filter for it and termignoni i think make a set of pipes which will see bou 110hp

Does anybody knows the Tachometer P/N from XR1200? I'm having some customization ideas putting it on my 883R... :) I'm from Brazil and it's very difficult to get the PN and buy parts here. Thanks in advance!

Hi All,
Im in Australia, got one of this XR1200 since Dec, done 280 miles.
Why are there some oil drips? Its from 4 spots! Gotta check it with the dealer tomorrow.

Great handling bike btw as I came from a GSX-R, exhaust needs to be louder tho.

Last edited:
That's good to hear that someone coming from a Suzuki loves the handling. I know that after reading all the reviews and everything on the bike that I, and others, couldn't wait for this motorcycle to get here. I am glad they finally brought it over. I think that it is a great part of the Sportster family, which I am a huge fan of. Thank you Harley!!:D

Back