free website stats program 2009 used police bikes | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 used police bikes

ultra tom

I'm thinking about looking for a 2009 police ultra. I see them for $13k to 15k with 103 motors and abs brakes. how about some opinions these bikes. do the cops ride them so hard they are worn out? I see them for sale with 10k to 20k miles on them. which harley dealers in the western u.s. have the best selection of used police bikes and what are the best months to look for them.
thanks for the input

Police bikes spend a considerable amount of time idling and slow running which isn't good for an air cooled motor. Depending on the municipality that the bike is coming from and who was riding it and their riding style if it is a good choice or not.

Very Happy With my 07 roadking police, had 1100 miles when came off lease.
check out thundermountian Harley in Colorado might have some more coming off lease...?

I recently purchased an 09 FLHTP from Grand Junction Harley in Grand Junction, Colorado.
I love the bike, I won't say that the customer service is the greatest (they wanted to charge me $60 to replace the Pursuit lamps on the front before my 1300+ mile trip home), but I can't complain about the bike...

Hi Guys,
Question for you please. Why buy a used police bike?. When they are sold... Do they come with all the flashing lights on them etc?. Or is it a specific cor scheme?.
I'm just curious about what makes HD police bikes a desirable item.
Tks in advance,
Shawn
WAP.gif

Hi Guys,
Question for you please. Why buy a used police bike?. When they are sold... Do they come with all the flashing lights on them etc?. Or is it a specific cor scheme?.
I'm just curious about what makes HD police bikes a desirable item.
Tks in advance,
Shawn
WAP.gif

All the Police lights are removed and put in Civilian mode. They are desirable because they are cool, had additional engine mods for police duty and were several thousand less than standard Road King or Electra Glide. Ad at local dealer near me. Compare the 2009 Police vs 2008 EG Classic & 2009 EG Classic Current Inventory/Pre-Owned Inventory from Three Rivers Harley-Davidson, Inc.

There was a different gearing in the primary too with the police bikes.

It was 3:37 verses 3:15 that gives you a lot more bottom end.

i saw a beauty of a police bike on some hd dealers website from the outer banks of no carolina. those bikes are all well maintained.id bet they ve never missed a service.get a white helmet and never get another speeding ticket

Looks like dollar for dollar a used police bike is a good deal, if you a willing to gamble on the service and maintenance quality.

Back