free website stats program 2009 Ultra Brake Lamp Issue | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Ultra Brake Lamp Issue

AJ1955

Hey Guys, I am new to this site. While riding I got a check engine light, which after diagnosing showed to be a P0572 code. That is how and when I noticed that my brake lamp is stuck on. After clearing the code, the brake lamp returned to normal only for a few minutes. Visually checked the bulb, all looks ok, but is stuck on. Any ideas?

Bad rear hydraulic switch. Pull the wires and check switch a meter. Happened to my 2009 Dyna.

Thanks for the responses. No mods, strictly stock with 11.5K miles. I'm thinking faulty switch. After tracing all lines and checking connectivity, bike starts up and works fine. 3 or 4 minutes into ride, brake light begins sticking on. After cooling, works fine until heating up.
Of course warranty has ran out.

Check continuity on the rear hydraulic switch. There is a good chance you will measure several K-ohms of resistance when you should measure infinity. When brake fluid enters the electrical portion of the switch, problems begin. With you meter hooked up, tap the rear peddle a few times (also press hard). Use your 200K ohm scale. Bet you see that it does not toggle to infinity.

Few months back there were threads with the same problem & pictures as yours.

I had the exact same problem (and same code) about 2 months ago. It was the rear brake light switch. Dealer replaced it under extended warranty. No problems since.

Well, it was the same problem as bamorris2 had, rear brake light switch. No extended warranty, but dealer fix was very reasonable (for Harley)
Thanks to all.

Back