free website stats program 2009 touring tire SB | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 touring tire SB

I had an issue with cupping on the front tire of my 09 Ultra, but I changed it myself. I guess that leaves me out in the cold. I kept the old tire just in case they did have a recall or something. I still rather work on it myself.

If you have purchased the tire and wheel warranty and your tire is at that 1/32 mark (not below) the tire and wheel warranty will absorb the balance of the cost.:)

Thanks for posting! I've printed it off and will bring it in when I get my 5K service done next month.

If you read the SB you'd see Harley will refund you for replacing the tire.

I hope your right. On page two under" Reimbursement for prior tire replacement", it says that to qualify for the credit, you have to have a repair order from an authorized HD dealer (or other mc dealer). I will check with the HD dealer that I bought the tire from to see if this can be done.

I had my tire replaced a couple months ago, on the service ticket it states customer complains of low speed wobble, they replaced the tire but told me it was shot, now the tire is long gone, but the report remains, should be interesting, I will report back on the result.

Thanks for posting the SB on this..a friend called me this AM and mentioned it.

I do indeed have the D407F on my 09 FLHTC and i'll be contacting the dealer today.

I do keep tabs on my air pressure weekly as this bike is my daily driver, I don't see any abnormal signs just yet, but i'll sure as (EDITED) try and get a new tire out of it...it does seem to have a small vibration lately :s

Language is not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the letter from HD, they "credited" my account at the dealership, I am not able to credit that back to my CC, which I find kind of annoying since I am paying interest on the card, and I won't be buying anything for a couple of months, they also made it a 6 month credit, my g/f called hd and got them to extend it to 9 months considering its almost winter layup time and my riding gets real limited these days.

I printed out SB and took it to Local Dealer. Service had not seen SB yet. They checked with GM and ordered my new free tire. No idea when it will be in, but its on the way and no hassle. thanks for the information.
T

Back