free website stats program 2009 streetglide rental | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 streetglide rental

JJDH

i might have an opportunity to purchase a rental streetglide from a dealer. any thoughts on what would be a good discount for buying a bike with 3000 miles. they are gonna throw in the backrest, its the blackpearl, has cruise, thats about it.there is only 720 in extra over top of stock.19719 is msrp total if it had zero miles, any help?????

I'd be afraid of a rental because the riders would not have broken it in properly. I'm sure it's been ridden hard.

It would have to be a HUGE discount and maybe even come with an extended warranty for me to consider buying a previous rental.

Depending on how well that dealership does, keep going back and forth on it. If the timing is right, they'll work with you on price to move that unit. In March, I traded in a 2003 FXST and purchased a never-been-unboxed 2009 FLHX with cruise, security and $1000 in free accessories for $19,200 (all fees included).

Throw a lowball number at them, they may take the bait. Something like $15k (25% discount) either that or something higher but with a fully extended warranty (additional 5 years).

Depending on how well that dealership does, keep going back and forth on it. If the timing is right, they'll work with you on price to move that unit. In March, I traded in a 2003 FXST and purchased a never-been-unboxed 2009 FLHX with cruise, security and $1000 in free accessories for $19,200 (all fees included).
wow that is a steal.. i just went to another dealer, they are at book price wont budge, they are offering more for my trade. the book is 20714. that includes prep,freight, no tax on that. the bike is black pearl, cruise, security,
msrp18999
security345
cruise 270
color 450
freight prep 650=20714
they at least offered a fair price of 6500 for my trade. no discount on new bike? any thoughts

wow that is a steal.. i just went to another dealer, they are at book price wont budge, they are offering more for my trade. the book is 20714. that includes prep,freight, no tax on that. the bike is black pearl, cruise, security,
msrp18999
security345
cruise 270
color 450
freight prep 650=20714
they at least offered a fair price of 6500 for my trade. no discount on new bike? any thoughts

If they "won't budge" on the price, make sure they include some other things for you that you would want anyway. $500 gift card or 20% off any part or accessory purchased at the same time as the bike seems to be pretty standard around here. Might try to get an extra year of warranty, service manual, etc thrown in. Hey, all they can say is no so keep asking for stuff if they ain't moving on the sale price of the bike!

i am gonna check one more place, also see if the other guys with the rental will do a little better, i also thought to see if the one i listed above would throw in a detach backrest at least for a perk. i wont give up tho, am still searching for the deal that wont let me walk away

Back