free website stats program 2009 street glide | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 street glide

parkside

Thinking of moving from a yamaha v star to a 2009 street glide any opinions on the street glide such as ride and realiability

Thanks

Also, in addition to Hobbit, you'll have increased performance, added comfort (stereo, fairing, design, etc.), storage (hard bags) & the backing of HD owners like the many fine people on this wonderful site (HDTimeline).:D

As a 09 SG rider, you got my vote to UG bikes...

The only issue I have had with my SG was windshield, the stock one is to short, easy fix I put on a 8 inch clearview recurve. (there are other threads on this).
Other than that bike has been very reliable Im happy with mine.

Mark

Got mine in April and the stock windshield is only good for looks. It does look cool but I just got a 10" for the winter riding here in the Florida panhandle (28 this morning). I will swap back in the Spring, 3 screws is all it takes and loosen 2 others on the inner fairing.

The only issue I have had with my SG was windshield, the stock one is to short, easy fix I put on a 8 inch clearview recurve. (there are other threads on this).
Other than that bike has been very reliable Im happy with mine.

Mark

Hey Pops, how do you like the 8" recurve as far as looks and wind? That's just one of the things on my wish list after the stage 1.

Hey Pops, how do you like the 8" recurve as far as looks and wind? That's just one of the things on my wish list after the stage 1.

Trek: I like the looks of the 8" I haven't tried any other size, but it cut down the wind.
Dcp_0422.jpg

S Glides are thee bike to have right now!!! I'm 6'1" and have no issue with the windsheild height,but this is my only windsheid so I have no comparison. Sure beats singing to yourself!

Been riding since 73 and this is the bike you want...it is all I wanted and needed for touring...wife loves it too.:s

I've got an 08 Street Glide and love it; excellent ride, good protection, and sporty looks. Only downside is the OEM windshield. I'm currently using a 10 1/2" clearview recurve, and change to a 9" recurve in the summer. An 8" can work all right as well.

Back