free website stats program 2009 Street Glide rear shocks | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Street Glide rear shocks

USMCCWO5

Does anyone know what the lenght of the stock shocks are on a 2009 Street Glide.

I am going to purchase the Progressive 412s and am not sure which ones to get.

Does anyone know what the lenght of the stock shocks are on a 2009 Street Glide.

Had these on my Sportster and they were much better than stock, on a Sporty. Do you not like the air adjustable shocks standard on the Street Glide? Just curious why you would give up the ability to make infinite adjustments by varying air pressure vs. using Progressive's preset settings. As usual, I'm probably missing something. :D

For my short wife. I have an appointment to get the front end lowered and want to lower the rear the same amount to keep the geometry the same.:small3d026:

For my short wife. I have an appointment to get the front end lowered and want to lower the rear the same amount to keep the geometry the same.:small3d026:

Gotcha - told you I was obviously missing an important piece of info!

Yes, I do. They are 12" eyebolt to eyebolt. Going any shorter will cause problems and not the ones many may think!

The 2009 rear shock (touring only) has incorporated a "groove" for the detachable backrest. The FRONT part of the passenger backrest fits in this "groove". No aftermarket shock maker that I now know of has adapted this into their shocks!

Back