free website stats program 2009 Street Bob Stage 1 Identification | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Street Bob Stage 1 Identification

After years of riding dirt bikes I decided to get my endorsement and bought my first rode bike, which is a 2009 Street Bob. I bought it from the dealer with a ton of after market parts (i.e. V&H blacked out curved pipes, Stage 1, Hwy lights, ect). This bike looks, rides, and sounds awesome.

I was told by the dealer that it had the Stage 1 conversion. The problem is I'm new to Harley and don't know what components to look for.

Can anyone tell me how you differentiate a stock bike and a bike with Stage 1?

Thank you,

Welcome Jonny is New to the HDTimeline forum. As a dirt bike rider one of the first things you do to the bike is a form of Stage I...which is to tune the parts of the engine "air/fuel pump" conversion process to maximize rear wheel horsepower.
To maximize efficiency of this process 3 areas are changed: 1) improve air intake, 2) optimize the fuel/air mixture and 3) change exhaust system for max power and torque.

http://www.hdtimeline.com/harley_davidson_engine_related_issues/972-stage_1_2_3_4_explained.html

Attached are the pictures of the additional lights on my 2009 Street Bob.

Thank you for the information. Now I just need to figure out what to modify next.

Attachments

• 2010-08-05 17.40.07.jpg
    2010-08-05 17.40.07.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 2010-08-05 17.39.45.jpg
    2010-08-05 17.39.45.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking bike Jonny. Did you cut the windshield yourself? I was wondering if it was possible to get enough clearance from cutting mine. I think it is like yours. Any tips?

Jonny, sorry I did not get back to you. Thanks for the reply. Can you tell if your windshield has been cut? I know it might be hard to tell. It looks factory, but I don't think the HD model is cut that way.

Back