free website stats program 2009 FXDC is not starting up | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 FXDC is not starting up

shrini23

I've a 20089 supoer glide custom. It was sitting in my garage for a week and I didnt ride it. Today the weather is nice and when I turned on the bike to start it is not starting up. I checked the lights and blinkers and stuff those are powering up but I'm not able to start the bike

Can someone please assist me in how to start the bike

You didn't say if it was turning over and not firing or not turning over at all.

shrini23

Always give as much info as possible if you expect answers that will help you to diagnose your problem.

Could be something as simple as the engine kill switch if OFF. If you say you had lights and they did not dim or engine wouldn't turn over, that would be the simple answer.

We really do need more symptoms and remember your Fine-C Fuel, Ignition, Neutral, Engine Kill Switch and Choke (you have fuel injection so this is N/A).

2009? ... check the kill switch after that i'd call the dealer have em pick it up and fix it thats what warrantys are for....jmo

You didnt say if you you had a security system. If you do, I have ran into a problem with the antenna going bad. the lights werent flashing so i wasnt aware that the system was even working. however check all of the obvious. FINE-C

Thanks for the response guys. IDK what exactly happened thought but I put my motorcycle on 2nd gear and pushed it and manually did a jump start and it started....I'm able to ride fine now.

Thanks for the response guys. IDK what exactly happened thought but I put my motorcycle on 2nd gear and pushed it and manually did a jump start and it started....I'm able to ride fine now.

Sounds like the battery had discharged enough sitting around so that it would not start the bike. As Hobbit said above, get yourself a battery tender and plug it in when not riding. These devices are designed to maintain your battery at peak charge without frying them like a regular charger would. Worth the investment of $30 or less!!

TQ

Last edited:
Sounds like the battery had discharged enough sitting around so that it would not start the bike. As Hobbit said above, get yourself a battery tender and plug it in when not riding. These devices are designed to maintain your battery at peak charge without frying them like a regular charger would. Worth the investmen of $30 or less!!

TQ

Plus you get the bonus of your battery lasting for years longer with a tender than the usual two years you get normally. Pays for itself.

You still should tighten the cables,charge the battery and check for corrosion at the fusse area! You get away from home and she don't start ........:bigsmiley15:

Back