free website stats program 2009 FLHX with Stage IV and PCV need HELP! | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 FLHX with Stage IV and PCV need HELP!

Mike5959

I am new here and alread asking for help! I tried searching but didn't get much info. I have a 2009 FLHX with 11000 miles. I just had my dealer install the Stage IV 103 kit with the 58mm TB and 260 cams. I already had the PCV with AutoTune. I bought it @ fuel moto and they sent me a map that isn't working well. I am getting lots of sputtering and un drivability. I have gone in and accepted the trims and tried to see if I could do anything to help but not much is working. My dealer is clueless on the PCV as they only push and tune the SEST. If anyone has any input I would really appreciate it. I can't see ripping out the PCV to do the SEST.

Thanks.

I would contact Jamie at Fuel Moto also. They can send you a better map as a starting point and the auto tune will take over from there.

I just had my dealer install the Stage IV 103 kit with the 58mm TB and 260 cams. I already had the PCV with AutoTune.

Thanks.

Would it be possible since you did the entire Stage 4 and auto-tune all at the same time, it is really some mechanical issue (valve clearance, electrical sensor, cam timing, etc) and has nothing to do with the A/F ratio maps?

It will take several hundred miles for the autotuner to really tweak that map. I just installed a custom map on mine and it was not as good as the original map I had in my PCV. It is getting better but it's still not as good as before and I have almost 2K miles on it. It'll get there, be patient. It can take a long time.

It'll get there, be patient. It can take a long time.

Maybe,,maybe not..
I have never used the T-Max system but I would wager to say there are maximum limits of autotune with each starting base map. My guess would be if you had the incorrect starting base map, you could ride for years and never get the A/F numbers perfect.

The reason.
There has to be limits as to what extent the wide band system will adjust to with respect to a given base map.. I just see so many other possible problems (adjustment runaway) creeping into the final tune if the autotune had no limitations on adjustment..

For instance. You have a slightly plugged injector. The system would Continuously stretch the pulse width to no end trying to compensate for a bad part. It would be suicidal for T-Max to write the firmware to work this way. I therefore would guess you can in some cases drive forever waiting for the system to adjust.

Remember, this is all just a hunch.

Hmmm. I have AT too that I got from Jamie. I got a generic map and got a good performance in no time. My only hit was fuel mileage (around 32 mpg, like with my custom PCIII map). I put in the timing from my dyno-tuned PCIII map and now get around 38 mpg city and up too 47 mpg highway.

Are you using Jamie's AT target AFRs?

(I have a 2004 Ultra with AMS 96" BB kit and heads, and Andrews 26G cams.)

Maybe,,maybe not..
I have never used the T-Max system but I would wager to say there are maximum limits of autotune with each starting base map. My guess would be if you had the incorrect starting base map, you could ride for years and never get the A/F numbers perfect.

The reason.
There has to be limits as to what extent the wide band system will adjust to with respect to a given base map.. I just see so many other possible problems (adjustment runaway) creeping into the final tune if the autotune had no limitations on adjustment..

For instance. You have a slightly plugged injector. The system would Continuously stretch the pulse width to no end trying to compensate for a bad part. It would be suicidal for T-Max to write the firmware to work this way. I therefore would guess you can in some cases drive forever waiting for the system to adjust.

Remember, this is all just a hunch.

Oops.. I am calling the PCV w/auto tune a "T-Max". But what I said still applies if it uses wide band o2 w/auto tune.

Back