free website stats program 2009 Fat Bob Exhaust Issue | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Fat Bob Exhaust Issue

bass33

Hey guys,

I'm brand new to this site. I just purchased an '09 Fat Bob in March and have about 2200 miles on it. A friend and I just rode down to the Outer Banks from CT last Saturday and now I find myself stranded.

The 3 bolts that connect the exhaust to the frame are completely sheared off. I am not sure how or why this happened but I feel like this is something that should be covered under the warranty, especially since its only been 4 months. Has anybody had an issue like this with their Fat Bob or any other bike? What would you suggest doing? I need to be on my way home on Saturday and am not sure what to do. I will be on the phone tomorrow morning with the dealer so any suggestions would help.

Thanks guys,
Stranded in the OBX

Have them check the motor mounts, if they flex a lot it can strain the exhaust system, MyStreet bob sheared the rear exhaust bracket, you should have a warranty issue here good luck:s

Thanks! Do you know what the warranty covers? Is it just parts or does it cover the labor as well? I don't have the documents down here on vaca.

should be fender to fender and they can pull it up by the VIN:s

Back