free website stats program 2009 cvo | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 cvo

tassie

greetings folks. Just a question.
I have a 2009 cvo springer. have had a stage 3 kit fitted,which would be the best cams se 259 or se263??

If you had a stage 3 kit, what cams did the builder use?

Looks like the stage 3 comes with SE 259E cams as a kit

Many dealers will let a customer change cams that come in a kit; some will make the customer buy the cam and some won't. If I were tassie, I would stick with the 259. JMHO.:coffee

If you had a stage 3 kit, what cams did the builder use?

had 259 in first, then 263.
the 263 seem better down low but run out up top.
Thinking of going back to 259.
Any dyno sheets anyone.
Also should i go for bigger throat body??

had 259 in first, then 263. the 263 seem better down low but run out up top. Thinking of going back to 259. Any dyno sheets anyone. Also should i go for bigger throat body??

Should be just the opposite. The 259 intake closes at 47* and the 263 at 55*. The earlier intake close increases corrected CR and CCP which translates to torque. The 259 is rated as a "mid range TQ" cam and the 263 is rated as a "hi speed HP" cam; look at the profiles and you can see why.

If you are looking for torque and want to stick with SE cams, drop in a 255; this will require a retune. The 255 will be a torque monster in the 110" motor but start to fade about 4000rpms and will be pretty much done by 4500.

You also might consider a 4* advance sprocket for the 259 or consider several different aftermarket offerings from Andrews, S&S or TMan. Bigger throttle body will help if high rpm horsepower is what you are looking for. I am not sure from reading your posts what your performance goal is. You can't have the best of both low and high end power from one cam; any will be a compromise so you have to figure out which you prefer.

Back