free website stats program 2009 custom | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 custom

Boogie

i have a 2009, custom 1200 with only 2500 miles and i took the power commander off and was cleaning the wires and shorted something out because now it will spit in the air filter and back fire out the pipe and gives a map sensor code, i did change the map sensor and clear the codes but still has code and spits and back fires, please help any and all, thanks boogie

I would first try running it without the PC and see how it runs. PC may or may not be the problem but is the easiest to eliminate.

Eliminate the PC, clear the codes, and see if the code(s) return. Would also help to list what codes are activating.

Just curious but what caused you to feel the need to remove the PC and clean the connections?

i removed the power commander because i was getting water in the connections and it had the green stuff so i took a wire brush and cleaned it with out unhooking the batt, not smart huh lol but yes i tryied it with and with out the power commander

Try running it without the PC as TripleJ suggested. And which map code did you get, P0107 or P0108.

P0107

also when i clear the code i can turn the key on and all my lights work then all go out like they nor but if i leave the key on for about 45 seconds the check engine light will come back on with the same code with out ever cranking it but before the code was cleared so i think i shorted some thing and the engine dose not have to be running to give the code but not sure what ?

Last edited by a moderator:
all my lights work then all go out

"Lights" as in speedo lights/indicators or parking/running headlights lights.

P0107. Sensor "low" points to the reference voltage on the sensor is possibly missing. There are 4 wires going to the sensor. Disconnect the sensor. Using a meter measure the voltage between the Red/White & Black/White wires. See if you have 5 volts.

Try it with the PC out of the system. See if you get the same results.

Back