free website stats program 2009 1200 Custom XL Vibration | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 1200 Custom XL Vibration

HDPUTTIN

A friend of mine just got a 2009 1200 custom XL (3000 miles) and it has excessive vibration at lower rpm in each gear when excellerating and smooths out as rpm increases. Yes Harley's vibrate, but this shakes the mirrors loose. Its felt in the frame back bone and riser. This is not a speed issue, it is related to rpm's. Has anyone with a simular bike and year had the same issue or have any idea as to the causes of the vibration, Thanks.

its caused by trying to accellerate in a to low gear, shift down before accel and it will vibrate alot less, sportsters are bad for low rpm accel vibration

its caused by trying to accellerate in a to low gear, shift down before accel and it will vibrate alot less, sportsters are bad for low rpm accel vibration

Agree with rancid here, my wife has the same bike, if I let the rpm's go too low it shakes when trying to accelerate...

It also may go away after motor is broke in a little more, had same issue on my 04 when i had 883 1200 conversion done it smoothed out after i got around 4 or 5000 on it

For those of us who do not have a tachometer to reference here is a thread I found in the Search tab to help you to not "lug" the engine for smooth and easy shifts...

http://www.hdtimeline.com/general_har...ng_speeds.html

On Sportsters, it is particularly important to let the RPMS go up a bit to avoid the vibes due to lugging the engine...

25-30 MPH 2nd
35-40 MPH 3rd
45-50 MPH 4th
55-60 MPH 5th

Back