free website stats program 2008 Ultra Classic Diagnostic Trouble Codes | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Ultra Classic Diagnostic Trouble Codes

oldmedic

Yesterday while riding, engine turned off and then immediately back on causing a backfire. Radio and voltage regulator also went off and then back on. Speedometer to 0 and back to speed. Conditions worsened as the day went on with more and longer "engine off" situations. Had same symptoms last year when Harley replaced the voltage regulator and symptoms went away till yesterday.
I now know about the DTC's and got the codes out last night. I found them all but 2 on the website. Here the all are:

Under "SP" - b61006 and b61007 I could not find these.
Pn 34462-08c I could not find this either.

Under "t" - u1040
Under 'b' - c1095, c0562, c1216
I found all of these, but without the "u" or the "c". Do they mean the same thing without the prefixes?

Any help on the other codes would be appreciated. I think the battery is not fully charged, but the brake light switches "open" puzzles me. I do not know what that means.
Thank you.
Regards,

Welcome to the forum.
I cant help with the codes but, the open brake light switches and the general problem certainly sounds like a lack of voltage issue. Is the battery fully charged? Clean connections? Clean fuse blades etc? I would think checking the charging system after checking batt. voltage would be in order.

yea I'm thinking a short or loose wire. that's my opinion.. I would be looking at recent electric repairs like . you described above..
keep us posted..

Thanks, I appreciate the help. Battery was not fully charged. It is now, so I am going to clear the codes and see if they reappear. I haven't checked all connections, but the battery connections are secure and clean. I'll check the ones on the brake switches. We'll see how it goes. Thanks again.

Be sure to check both ends of the battery connections. Check to see if your charging system is charging at all......

As stated, loose or dirty battery cables are the first thing to address on both ends. Does handlebar kill switch feel normal, detent strong where switch cant pivot.

Yesterday while riding, engine turned off and then immediately back on causing a backfire. Radio and voltage regulator also went off and then back on. Speedometer to 0 and back to speed. Conditions worsened as the day went on with more and longer "engine off" situations. Had same symptoms last year when Harley replaced the voltage regulator and symptoms went away till yesterday.
I now know about the DTC's and got the codes out last night. I found them all but 2 on the website. Here the all are:

Under "SP" - b61006 and b61007 I could not find these.
Pn 34462-08c I could not find this either.

Under "t" - u1040
Under 'b' - c1095, c0562, c1216
I found all of these, but without the "u" or the "c". Do they mean the same thing without the prefixes?

Any help on the other codes would be appreciated. I think the battery is not fully charged, but the brake light switches "open" puzzles me. I do not know what that means.
Thank you.
Regards,

What did you find? Post what solved the problem, please

Back