free website stats program 2008 street glide with no active BRAKE light | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 street glide with no active BRAKE light

drumstix23

Hey guys, and gals.

I have anm '08 Street Glide I just bought and i cant believe i didnt catch it but my brake light doesnt work. The running light is fine but no brake action from either the front or the back. Here's what I've done and what I've gathered.

1. Changed to bulb(obviously)
2.Checked all fuses
3. checked the switches
4. I tested the rear light assembly and there is NO power going to the brake light wire which leads me to believe it could be in the harness somewhere?

Please help me any way you can..Thanks

With the wires running through the underside of the rear fender they are fairly well exposed and can get damaged so i would start there

Brian

I believe that my 2010 Streetglide had a factory recall for something to do with the brake light. You 08 has a totally different setup but you might want to check with your dealer before you spend alot of time or money.

checked the switches

Use this to double check it...
Bottom of the page shows your hydraulic brake switch. Orange/White is hot with key ON. Pink/Brown goes hot when you step on rear brake. Be sure that happens.

Attachments

• Brake_light.pdf
    82.3 KB · Views: 18
I just noticed things are a little different if you have ABS. See attachment.
Does your bike have ABS?

Attachments

• ABS.pdf
    62 KB · Views: 6
Gotta love these 1st post service questions...Hoop you've got to start charging a service fee...:s :D

I say it's the switch too...

Back