free website stats program 2008 Sportster Turn Signal Problem | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Sportster Turn Signal Problem

hewilson425

I got a real head scratcher going on, I hope y'all can help. My '08 Sporty left hand turn signal switch doesn't work but when I turn on the ignition, they automatically start flashing. Pushing the switch doesn't turn them off. I push the right hand button and the emergency flashers come on. Then i have to push the right hand button again to turn them off. Any ideas? :small3d023:

Sounds like the left button is stuck on. Or something defective with your TSM or TSSM.You can ck. the button with a VOM by disconnecting the plug for the left side and ck. the 2 wires for the switch on the handle bar side of the harness. Do you have a service manual?
tourbox

yes, i have the factory service manual......ive been looking at the schematics......thanks for the idea, ill post the results

I'll go along with tourbox, the left switch may be stuck. You engage the flashers by pushing both left and right switches simultaneously and again to shut them off, so if the left is stuck, pushing the right would be like pushing both together. May be as simple as cleaning the contacts inside the housing. good luck!

thanks Gator.......I had that switch out yesterday checking for pinched wires and corrosion........will that switch come apart? it looks sealed to me

I just looked in my softail service manual and the instructions call for a switch replacement, but before I'd do that try spraying some contact cleaner along the switch housing where the button pushes and working it back and forth, it may help.

Back