free website stats program 2008 Softail Custom FXSTC TSM Location | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Softail Custom FXSTC TSM Location

skidmark

Exactly where is the turn signal module for my 2008 softail custom. I know it's somewhere under the seat adjacent to the battery. Aft of the battery I see what appears to be a rectangular fuse and relay box. Is that it, or is the TSM under neath it?

Thanks

Exactly where is the turn signal module for my 2008 softail custom. I know it's somewhere under the seat adjacent to the battery. Aft of the battery I see what appears to be a rectangular fuse and relay box. Is that it, or is the TSM under neath it?

Thanks

Located behind the plastic splash panel in front of the rear wheel (just below the front edge of the rear fender). The panel is held in place by two bolts near the bottom edge, just in front of the wheel. The top is held on place by a notch that fits over a tab on the frame. Once the splash panel is removed, the module is clipped in place sideways about half way up.

-stef

P.S. -The panel can be dropped to gain access without removing the wheel.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply. I think I spotted it. Looks like maybe 2 plugs plug into it, or 2 plugs joined together. Can't tell. Anyway before I get into this just a bit more details. So far I only see one screw at the bottom, there may be another ???

After those screws come out that big plastic shield just slides out??? After which the module allegedly is semi easy to get to ?? Is it that simple?

Thanks Al

After you remove the fasteners, the panel lifts up a bit and unhooks and comes out.

Bottom pic right at the end of the writing

Softailelectricalpanel2.jpg

Softailalarmsiren2.jpg

Will that big plastic cover slide all the way out without putting the bike on a stand? I looks like there is not enough clearance with the bike on the stand to completely remove the cover from underneath? I there more clearance that what it seems like? the reason I'm digging into this is I washed my bike the other day and my turn signals went nuts. I think they are settling down now. but I want to take the plugs loose and repack them with electrical grease in hope of eliminating or minimizing this problem.

Also, in your pic it appears you have the audible siren feature installed. Is that what I see. I'm considering installing one myself.

The siren is a good addition IMO. Nobody is going to run from a bike with just flashing lights.

The panel should come out without a stand but it will be close.

Without a stand, you may rely on some plywood under the rear tire and stand to give you a bit more height.

Back