free website stats program 2008 Road King Classic foot brake | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Road King Classic foot brake

1798RoadKing

Hello all.
Newbie to the forum. I just purchased a 2008 Road King Classic. I road it 1800 miles from Illinois to Massachusetts. I discovered that the brake light works when I pull the front brake lever but the brake light does not illuminate when I step on the foot brake pedal. Also, the cruise control disengages when I pull the front brake lever but does not disengage when I step on the rear brake.

Can someone tell me where the switch is that controls both of those functions from the rear brake pedal? I can't pass inspection until it is fixed.

#35 in diagram

Attachments

• HD08FLHR027.jpg
    HD08FLHR027.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 41
Welcome to the forum. When you find the switch, check the connections, one may be loose. If connections are tight and switch still doesn't work, you can get a Duralast switch P/N PS115 (or cross reference another mfg.) from one of the local Auto parts chain stores. The body of the switch is a little larger than the HD, but the threads and connections are the same. Cost is $8 vs $20 from HD, if the dealer has one in stock.

I second Breeze's suggestion for I had the same problem with mine and after crimping connectors a bit all is working as designed.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have been unable to reply from my iPhone. The browser not seem to work well for this forum.

I ended up following the diagram to the web site that offered them on line. I discovered that there was a recall on those switches from '09 to '11. I found the part No. and took myself to a Harley dealer where I bought the new switch and installed it. In no time at all I had my sticker and I'm riding again.

Great forum and good advice. Especially grateful for diagram supplied that got me pointed in the right direction.

Back