free website stats program 2008 police bike. | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 police bike.

Redfish-Joe

A friend is having a bunch of problems with his bike right now. It is in the shop as we speak. I have cut and pasted the messages he has sen me. Please look at them and let's hear your ideas. Thanks...Joe

2008 Police bike 103 CI

No security system / FOB Lu...

As weird as this my seem, I came home @ 6 weeks ago, walked past the bike, and the fuel pump was running constantly with the bike ignition OFF, the Kill Switch to KILL, and the bike in 1st gear on the jiffy stand...

Today, it was the exact opposite - Jiffy stand up, Iginition ON, Kill Switch in RUN, and no fuel pump prime-up... the system relay was changed 6 weeks ago.

Haven't picked it up yet, so I haven't seen the work order... But the tech said it was finally doing all the conditions I listed, and he was able track them down.

I know for certain that the ECM, front coil pack, & engine temp sensor were changed. Looks like the cost of my extended warranty has been justified at this point.

I'll let you know what else is on the work order after I get it this afternoon.

Went to start bike - turned ignition ON, no fuel pump initialization. Checked, the Kill switch was in RUN position, and bike was in Neutral. No fuel injectors run, and no turnover...

Tech messed around with the relays and fuses, and finally got it to start several times, but it threw some more DTCs - C1216 (which I had when I brought it in last week) and a new one C1095...

Well they can't say that the ECM is causing that - something wrong with the ABS module / brake system... but not sure why any of that would cause it not to start...

So far, items that have been changed over last couple of months:

ECM, System Relay, Battery, Voltage Regulator, Rear O2 sensor, Front Cylinder Coil Pack, Engine Temp Sensor, and various "wiring issues" corrected.

That is a bad deal for a new (to him) bike. Hopefully they stumble upon the right part and accidentally change it. I wish the cops around here had bikes that ran like that one! :p

He picked it up today. Some bad wires in the faring and in the right switch housing...so they say. Hope they solved his problem. I want to go dumpster diving and get all the good parts the replaced!:D

Back