free website stats program 2008 Nightster question | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Nightster question

RichardC

I bought my wife a 2008 Nighster 1200N a couple of months back. I occasionally ride it. It is stock with the exception of pipes put on by the dealer. They were already on the bike on their show room so i am not sure what they are, I just know they are alot louder than any of the other nightsters I had him start up. Anyway, here is my question. I drove it to work today and there is an area where the speed limit is 15 mph. I have noticed at low speeds. ie, 20 and below, the bike just sputters all over the place and sounds terrible. I got to the point where I would just bump the clutch through this area and idle through. This does not seem normal to me, I should be able to cruise at 15 mph in first without the bike sputtering and lunging through. Or is this just the 1200N way that I have to get used to. It just seams very out of tune but since it is fuel injected there really is nothing to adjust. Thanks for any resonse in advance.

Not really sure why I should have to buy something for a 2 month old stock from the dealer bike. If its the pipes they put on for their showroom bike should'nt it be tuned for them already if it is the pipes that are causing it. I guess it sounds like I may have to bring it by their service department and let them look at it.

The bike is tuned according to EPA specs from the factory. They are too lean in some cases to run properly. There's also a hefty fine if the dealer gets caught doing something to over come the EPA guidelines even though some do it. More than likely they will try to sell you a PC III and a dyno tune.

Back