free website stats program 2008 heritage no stop light | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 heritage no stop light

rider1

My 08 heritage the stop light don't work, i have changed the fuse and new bulb and no results. any suggestion?

Welcome to the forum rider, have you checked that it does not work with both hand and foot brake? And are you shure the brake light is not just staying on all the time?

Activate the brake lever with a few wraps of tape and if you have a test probe or volt meter, connect one side to a good ground. Remove the bulb and see if there is any votage on the contact.

My 07 heritage brake light was staying on all the time and I traced the problem to the pig tail that the bulb plugs into had a short in it. the pigtail has 3 wires and the middle wire is the brake light. I bought a new pig tail at the dealership and it cost around $20.00. easy fix, just unplug the old one and plug in the new one. Hope this helps. also might sheck the circuit board behind the tail light assy. to see if there is any corrosion on it.

Same issue with my 06 Wide Glide. Bought a new brake switch but found the switch on the bike tested out fine. Short seems to be in the pig tail wire. Live and learn so now I have a $60 switch in stock when and if I need it.

Back