free website stats program 2008 harley softail Fatboy | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 harley softail Fatboy

Hriender

I am having a series of problems with my harley.
I wonder if anyone has had these issues and could advise me.
Thanks in advance.
1) My turn signals and my horn won't work. I put new switch housings on and I checked it before assembling it and it was worked fine.
2) My Fuel gauge and speedometer do not work and my neutral light does not come on.

Thanks again!

My guess is that a wire got pinched when you were reassembling everything after the change. That is very easy to do, I had a similar problem on my deuce when I changed my switch caps & housings. :s

There will be someone shortly that can offer a bit more technical assistance.

Welcome to the forum

Best to start a new thread in the electrical forum detailing everything about the bike recent work done and all you have done so far to try and resolve the issue

Brian

Welcome to The Forum, as Joy said, recheck your wiring in the switch halves, dis connect the battery when doing electrical work, that way you will have NO surprises I would pay close attention to the run switch

Thanks for that info. What about the neutral light not coming on and the fuel gauge and speedometer not working.

Thanks
Hans

I am having a series of problems with my harley.
I wonder if anyone has had these issues and could advise me.
Thanks in advance.
1) My turn signals and my horn won't work. I put new switch housings on and I checked it before assembling it and it was worked fine.
2) My Fuel gauge and speedometer do not work and my neutral light does not come on.

Thanks again!

Welcome to the forum....
Start a thread under electrical and you will reecieve more responses to your questions. Not many respond to new memeber introduction.....:s

Welcome from Woodstock, Georgia, northwest of Atlanta!

:cheers

Be sure to take a few minutes to review the forum rules in the link below and your stay here will be long and pleasant!

Harley Davidson Forums

Back