free website stats program 2008 Harley Police | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Harley Police

Jonas

2008 HARLEY-DAVIDSON FLHTPI POLICE EDITION for sale in Pineville, North Carolina - CycleTrader.com

I want this bike. I would really hate to trade my bike. But to have the 103 engine, six speed, antiloc brakes, and stereo.

I believe they have the original cop seat, which would be a must. I know it is priced high. It would have to go for around 15K for me to consider it, but they have had it for a while.

The real problem is I love my bike. Even with 88cui it is dyno at 80/90 beautiful tourq curve. Gear Drive, 26 cams, great tune. Has never let me down. It is getting alot of miles on it. A Harley with 50K miles in todays market is like a car with 300K. It is a delma. I can't keep it and get a new bike. Three bikes will not fly in the Jonas house.

Any thoughts?

I would consider what has made the 2004 special to you. Then consider what it is going to take time wise and money wise to make the 2008 yours. Maybe it might be best to start out with a new police bike and trade your 2004 in on it and start all over.

Probably not a deal breaker but are you sure this bike has a stereo? Hard to believe our hard working LEO's cruise around listening to AC/DC!

Might not be what you want to hear but I think you should keep your current bike. Sounds like you're thrilled with the motor and its output. Sixth gear is strictly an overdrive. Never ridden a bike with ABS so I can't really comment on it.

There has to be a good reason you've put so many miles on your current love - think real hard about whether you're ready to give it up and start over.

sounds like a bike someone put together and decided to offf .j/m/o i luv the cop bikes but id look around and find the 103 total stock and do it my own way i/m/o i look at the lists all the time .there out there less than that. from what i read here iam sure u can put one together with ur own set ups better ur chioce

Jonas,
I have a 2008 FLHTP with abs that I was able to purchase brand new. As with any police bike they very plain as they are designed to be "fleet" bikes. With that being said it comes with the 103, oil cooler and heavy duty HO electrical system. Mine also had the abs which was an $800 option. I added a matching mustang seat and kept my stock air ride seat. I also added a marine grade sony radio with the help of hogtunes. If you are going to make allot of changes to a bike this is a perfect canvas as it is very plain. I have no complaints as I have made many upgrades such as exhaust, tuner and am waiting on a new air cleaner. In my opinion they are asking too much as the bike was less than that stock in 2008. Good luck.

Jonas,
I also forgot. 2008 was the 100th. anniversary of the police motorcycle for Harley. The front fender has a painted 100th anniversary badge on it.

All good advice.

I stopped in and looked at the bike in person last night. The dealer is selling it on consignment. A Charlotte Mech Police Officer owns the bike, he bought it for his personal bike. It has not seen service.

It is a very nice bike. I would take it over almost any new Harley. But it's priced like a new one. The guy has dropped some serious money into and expects to get some of it back.

If I really consider the benefits of it, over my bike, it does not ad up to the price difference. I might have just got caught up in the rush of looking for something new. I'm not mentioning it to my bike.

Thanks you all for your input

ive never seen anybody get there money back out of all the extras that u put on . one guy told me i could take off what i didnt want and sell it. told him yea u take it off and do it , he couldnt be bothered , well i let that bike go for the price he wanted 4000 to much

Back