free website stats program 2008 FXSTC rear fender help | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 FXSTC rear fender help

NORSEMAN

Hi everyone, Im trying to find out the fastest way to get another rear fender for my 08 FXSTC , I was rear ended on June 15th 2010 Thrown over 50 ft or so they say, I was damn lucky as I have nothing broken, just lots of soft tissue damage and torn muscles etc, The HD dealer told me 4 to 6 weeksto get a rear fender ***!!! I couldnt believe it. Anyhoo if anyone can direct me to the fastest way of getting one?

Can sympathise with you,got rear ended last year and had to wait 10 weeks for fender,cos it was not a solid (blue & pewter/pin stripe) colour they dont stock on shelf,had to order from HD usa,then it ships to Belgium (european distribution centre) so if it a solid colour u may get it quicker,i take it its an insurance job? P.s i hope your recovery is quick

I waited 16 weeks for my fender and gas tank I hear you loud and clear, the stealer said we can find a used one and have it painted locally LOL, not after they already had the check I waited:D

It realy depends on what color it is.Call around, most small operations dont want to lose the sale so they'll string you along.Larger operations want to move product,they are interconnected and show inventory at multiple locations.A large dealer may be able to get you faster service on there buying power alone.

Thanks for the replies,

Its pearl Black, But dont really care as Im gonna paint it Flat Black

I might have found a new one on ebay, just waiting to see what the shipping will be up to Canuckistan from the U.S.

That was my recommendation Ebay has lots of standard fenders. Ive been looking for a 06 fat boy rear fender and cant find too many. but I have seen ebay have several black is the most common thats what my bike was.good luck

Back