free website stats program 2008 FXSTC Front Tire | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 FXSTC Front Tire

machineman66

I bought a 2008 FXSTC with 2100 miles on it. Am currently on the 3rd front tire due to cupping. The bike only has 11000 miles now! HELP! I check pressure regularly and have changed fork oil.

I bought a 2008 FXSTC with 2100 miles on it. Am currently on the 3rd front tire due to cupping. The bike only has 11000 miles now! HELP! I check pressure regularly and have changed fork oil.

What pressure you running? Where do you ride? What rubber you running?

It would help to know what tires you have run; are you running the sidewall pressure or something else; have the tires been balance every time new rubber is mounted; etc.

Most cupping is due to low pressure, improper balance and/or loose neck bearings.:s

Yes you should do much better than that. So have you gone thru 2 tires in ~ 9000 miles.

As suggested by others, recheck your tire pressure, run 30 in the front, 36-40 in the back. Do you have any front end wobble, if so you need to tighten the neck bearings, I had this problem on mine. Check for this by keeping a very light grip on the bars as you slow down, if it's there the front end will shake.

Another check would be the tightness of the spokes, each should be torqued to 55 inch/pounds minimum. You also may need to true the wheel, probably best done by HD service.

On my 92 fxstc I have avon venom tyres and run a pressure of 38 psi on the front with no problems
Radial constructed tyres usually need higher pressures than bias/cross ply construction due to a more flexible side wall
HD recommended tyre pressure is for the stock tyre only

Brian

Back