free website stats program 2008 Crossbones Softail Springer - Not Starting Issues | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Crossbones Softail Springer - Not Starting Issues

Neil Mackay

Hi All, I am new to joining this group after finding this forum in trying to solve the issue with my bike. My bike will not start, lights etc work, you can hear it prime but will not start. I have attempted the instructions of disarming the alarm by entering the code I was provided with however the alarm will not disarm, allowing me to start the bike. The alarm light will not stop flashing to indicate the alarm is disarmed. I presumed this was the issue given the bike had been starting and only started this afternoon however then will not start again, bike battery is fully charged. I haven't had this bike all that long and the bike I had before this was a 94 Heritage Special which did not have the alarm (my security on that bike was a padlock!) so I have not come across this before. Any other ideas other than what the manual says about disarming the alarm??

When you first turn on the ignition switch with the fob close by, all 4 signal lights should flash two times. If they flash more than two times, the fob battery is bad. It is common to put the battery in backwards, try flipping it. If your signals flash two times and stop, but the starter won't engage, there is another problem not related to the security. The procedure for "bypassing" the security system must be perfectly followed. The bike must be on the jiffy stand, do not bump the bike while doing the bypass. Come back with your findings, good or bad and we will try other ideas.

Thank you, yes of all things it was the FOB battery, replaced that battery and the bike is now going. Will know better for next time.

Good call Pete.

Welcome to HDT from sunny AZ. Glad you got it going.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back