free website stats program 2007 Ultra shutting off for no reason | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 Ultra shutting off for no reason

ChiefD

I have an 07 Ultra that as of late has been just shutting off for no reason. I have a Stage III power commander, rhinehart trueduals and super sucker II air intake. No other mods. I took to HD and was told my power commander cable was the problem. I picked it up and six miles later I'm stranded on the side of the for a second time in two days. Has anyone out there had this issue and waht was the diagnosis. I did have some codes on it when it went in. P1353, P1354 and three others I can't remember.

52. P1354 Rear Ignition Coil Driver Open/Low
66. P1353 Front Cylinder No Combustion

check to make sure no water is in the pc III connectors .. HD doesnt use all the pin holes and for some reason PC didnt put rubber plugs in the cable connectors of unused holes like HD does ,.. Dielectric grease works here

I apologize for not saying that I had cleaned off all of the fuses, circuit breakers, blew out the connectors and put dielectric grease on all. I even did the same to the connectors on the ECM and power commander. My biggest concern is that HD is have an issue with ECMs and aren't letting it out.

That's for sure. Heard of more than one going belly up because of the PC.

Don't see why they would though other than water contamination .. or maybe voltage spike .. but since it is a pass though item not sure why ya would get a spike

I had the same problem on my 03 classic,same exhaust but screamin eagle air cleaner and a pc III ,I fouhgt the problem for a long time.Turns out I had to bite the dust and put an HD super tuner on it and it runs great.Harley said the bike had to much free flow in the exhaust and the IAC motor could not keep up causing the bike to stall Had the bike custom tuned and picked up 10 horse power.The other problem is the pc III tricks the ECM the tuner actually changes the mapping.

Don't see why they would though other than water contamination .. or maybe voltage spike .. but since it is a pass though item not sure why ya would get a spike

I think the majority of the failures were from just that Bud, water infiltration either in the unit itself or the ECM plug connection. Has bee a few that took the ECM with them too.

Back