free website stats program 2007 Twin Cam Engines | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 Twin Cam Engines

hd4evr

Banned
I read on another forum that the 2007 TC 96" 6-Speeds had all kinds of problems. Being the owner of an '07 SuperGlide, I'm wondering how true this is? I haven't had ANY problems with mine, but I'm still under 10,000 miles and basically stock, running Mobil1 V-Twin Syn.

Actually it was the 06 dyna line that had most of the problems. The 07 touring bikes have a poor design with too much tolerances in the parts that causes excessive noises but with the fitment of the IDS, it quieted things down.

what kinda trouble did the 06 dyna's have?i know in j&p if your looking for a part it will say fits 96 and up dyna except 06 dyna lol are the 06 dyna like the 79sporty's?

Then had problems with the bearings and when you bought one in the beginning, you had to sign a paper stating that you would bring it back every 15K miles to be inspected and have the bearing replaced on them. They later changed vendors for the bearing and discontinued this process.

Have an '07 FXD with 25,000 miles in 21 months with no problems. Run Golden Spectro 20w-50 engine oil plus their specialized primary and transmission fluids.

I put 28,000 mile on my 07 RK before trading for the Ultra. Never had any problems at all.

That also was using only HD Syn3, that vastly inferior oil HD sells, according to the multitude of shade tree oil chemist on many forums.

But hey, I figured if Harley was willing to warranty their bikes using their oil, it was good enough for me. Peace!
:USA

I rode a (EDIT) year (06) streetbob six speed from new everyday in thailand never had a problem,first time every time off the button.S.E synt oil and filter every 5k kms.Sold the bike 2 day's ago moving to central america.
Broke my heart to sell,plan on getting a 08 street bob there,it wiil have a hard act to follow.:(
2 year's thailand

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back