free website stats program 2007 RK Help | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 RK Help

Dublin Dave

OK,
My first question regarding the RK on the forum,

1. Between the trottle cables on the RK there is a little star shaped plastic knob with a spring tension, has this anything to do with engine idle, as like the nosey person i am i gave it a few twists at traffis lights and seemed to have an adverse affect on the engine speed.??

2. There are two switches on the back of the headlamp, the right one turns on the aux. lamps, the one on the left seems to do nothing!! or is their a hidden adgenda behind this switch.

3. And the indicators seem to like turning themselves off... ( after turn is completed )how is this acheived... incredible, should be on all bikes ' japs wake up'

and i didnt get a manual for the bike when i bought it.
Cheer's
Dave

OK,
My first question regarding the RK on the forum,

1. Between the trottle cables on the RK there is a little star shaped plastic knob with a spring tension, has this anything to do with engine idle, as like the nosey person i am i gave it a few twists at traffis lights and seemed to have an adverse affect on the engine speed.??

2. There are two switches on the back of the headlamp, the right one turns on the aux. lamps, the one on the left seems to do nothing!! or is their a hidden adgenda behind this switch.

3. And the indicators seem to like turning themselves off... ( after turn is completed )how is this acheived... incredible, should be on all bikes ' japs wake up'

and i didnt get a manual for the bike when i bought it.
Cheer's
Dave

1.That star is for holding the idle speed up like if you were working on the bike. Not to be used as cruise control.

2. That's a accessory switch that is hooked to whatever you want to run from 12V. The other end is in front of the battery.
Accessory Connector Plug - Harley Davidson Community

3.They turn off with speed and distance all by themselves. If you wish them to stay on longer, hold the switch a while after setting them on before releasing it.

Back