free website stats program 2007 lowrider crank no start | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 lowrider crank no start

diablos

2007 dyna lowrider w/3400 miles. only modifications are gutted SE slip ons w/TTI's, VIEDs, and dk customs 606 intake. (vied and intake was removed during troubleshooting) went for a ride last week and bike ran great (this was with the pipes and vied's), came home parked it and installed the intake (have not ridden with the intake on). went to go for a quick ride during lunch break and bike would not start, crank it all you want, but not start.

have had battery load tested (good), cleaned fuse panel and replaced both relays, replaced crank sensor and tested spark with inline tester (good spark). replaced plugs for good measure (old plugs weren't that bad though). no way to test fuel pressure, but the fuel line was address by previous owner at the dealership.

bike has the tssm and it appears to be working correctly (red key there when its supposed to be, lights flash to arm the system), and the first thing i did for all of the was CHANGED THE KEY FOB BATTERY. i also manually entered the code to bypass with no changes, still cranks no start.

can this be related to the tssm as start functions are governed by it or am i looking at something else such as possible ecu failure?

oh, and the only code i've been able to pull is U1255

I think you have to start with the obvious and maybe you have; you didn't say.

Bike ran fine until you installed the intake, right? Have you removed the intake and tried starting? Since all was OK until you installed the intake, it would seem that something was done during the install that is causing the problem. Start there before going down the rabbit hole. Can't help with the code but some will chime in.;)

I think you have to start with the obvious and maybe you have; you didn't say.

Bike ran fine until you installed the intake, right? Have you removed the intake and tried starting? Since all was OK until you installed the intake, it would seem that something was done during the install that is causing the problem. Start there before going down the rabbit hole. Can't help with the code but some will chime in.;)

guess i didnt say that, but i removed intake and vied's and returned to stock for troubleshooting, no change.

when i installed the new intake, no sensors were disturbed (there arent any in the vicinity), and everything was torqued down using an inch pound torque wrench.

U1255 Missing Message at Speedometer EFI
U1255 Serial Data Error/Missing Message

U1255 - indicates that no messages were present during power up of the current key cycle.

the description says... serial data error/ missing message

possible causes
open abs fuse
open battery circuit
open ground circuit
open serial data circuit
short to ground in power circuit
ecu malfunction

Last edited:
U1255 Missing Message at Speedometer EFI
U1255 Serial Data Error/Missing Message

U1255 - indicates that no messages were present during power up of the current key cycle.

the description says... serial data error/ missing message

possible causes
open abs fuse
open battery circuit
open ground circuit
open serial data circuit
short to ground in power circuit
ecu malfunction

i've been going through things the best i can without a manual (ordered and on the way), but i've been talking with a local tech and my brother who used to be a tech and both narrowed in on the ecu. are these a common fail item on these bikes?

The manual will be your best friend when working on your scoot. Not sure how common it is for a ECU to go bad but anything is possible when it comes to electronics.

Sounds like you may have a fuel issue. If you have good spark as you indicated the other factor in the mix would be fuel. Can you hear the pump energize when you turn the ignition on?

Back