free website stats program 2007 fxstc | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 fxstc

mrriehl

I have recently become the pround new owner of an '07 FXST and would like any input on aftermarket exhaust and A/C. I know nothing about the system that adjust the fuel injection. Do I need to change that as well? I've heard of the "Power Commander" from a friend but trust this site!!
Thanks

Congrats on the New Ride!. Anything that lets it breath more (increased VE) will require adding a bit more fuel. Was the 2005 a carb bike?

I myself am SEST but if I was going "piggy" I would opt for a TFI. It looks like a Great product to me and I trust the people who back it.

Yes, the '05 was a carb bike. I hated it! It never ran very well when it was cold, coughing mostly. I rejetted it etc and saw no difference. Otherwise the bike was very kool. Educate me a little. What is SEST and TFI?
Thanks

SEST is the Screaming Eagle Super Tuner. It is a laptop based software program that allows you to change factory settings within the Delphi ECM. Items such as A/F ratio, spark advance, idle, idle speed warm up etc can be changed.

TFI is a piggy back black box. ( TFI Questions Answered By Dobeck - Harley Davidson Community )
that allows you to change the air/fuel ratio of the bike.
I have not used one but from what I have read and seen, it's the way to go. Great support after the sale is what I look for in a product.

There is a link around here somewhere that explains the entire shooting match. Someone will link you to it.

OK. I'm catching on. Is the SEST different than the stock unit? Redi Killowatt? You must be as old as me!! :)

OK. I'm catching on. Is the SEST different than the stock unit? Redi Killowatt? You must be as old as me!! :)

There you go. Steve has you covered.

Hey, as long as we can add Both our ages together and the number is still less than 125, we are doing just fine. :D

The SERT is only software you load to a laptop. Using a provided interface that connects the laptop to the bikes ECM, you can reprogram your existing ECM.
It takes reading, practice and an exhaust analyzer to really use the SEST to its full capacity. Big mistakes can be made along the way so be careful.

The guys at TFI have it down to a science. I can't see you going wrong with using their product.

Of course the wife thinks there are more important things in life but can this all be done in stages? I was looking at the V & H Propipe - Arlen Ness Big Sucker and now a TFI or SEST.

Do you have O2 sensors in each of your header pipes. (about 4"-6" out from the cylinder heads)

Congrats on your new scoot. I believe the 07 is the same as my 08, 96 cu in and fuel injected.
I have added a screaming eagle high flow a/c and Rush slip-on mufflers, good sound and performance, have plans to add TFI this winter because I believe it is still running a little on the lean side, a little bit of decel popping.
Enjoy your ride!!

Back