free website stats program 2007 96 cube inch overheat | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 96 cube inch overheat

ponpon49

hello i"m new on this site...i have a flhtc 2007 with overheating probleme when the motor is very hot run only on one cylinder a make the bike run so hot lose my oil pressure
at the stop light and oil light came one
thanks

Welcome to the forum.

Need more info. Was bike fine and then this overheating issue started. Is bike stock or are you running a piggy fueler, PC, Fuel pack or enrichment map. Are there any DTC codes in the error log. Run a WOW test using the speedo reset button to pull codes. Would you know if you heat management firmware is enabled.

Use this for codes
http://www.hdtimeline.com/archive/index.php/t-728.html

hello i"m new on this site...i have a flhtc 2007 with overheating probleme when the motor is very hot run only on one cylinder a make the bike run so hot lose my oil pressure
at the stop light and oil light came one
thanks

Welcome to the forum. Your first post is short but to the point. This subject has been covered in depth, so if you do a search you will find lots of info on it.

1. How long are you running the motor at a stand still ?

I won't run mine much longer than 3 minutes or I'm turning it off

2. Are you leaving the throttle alone while sitting?

If you leave the throttle alone the ECM will first drop the idle down with a richer mix in an effort to cool the engine, even before it shuts down the rear cylinder.

3. If you don't already have a EFI tuner you might want to think about buying one. It can richen up the EPA lean requirements which are hard on air cooled engines.

4. If you run a lot of duty that involves sitting you might want to buy a cooling fan by Lenale and to a lesser degree an oil cooler.

Like Hoople mentioned, it's possible the ECM is kicking the heat management program in. It should run on two cylinders as soon as you start to open the throttle. The dealer can turn this feature on or off for a price. As for the oil pressure, my '07 and several others I have read about or ridden with, drop scary low at idle. As soon as rpms come up, the pressure comes back up with it. I run 35-40 psi @ 250 degree oil temp. above 1500 rpm, and next to nothing @ idle. I don't look at the oil pressure gauge at idle.:D

tkx every body my probleme was one sparkplug wire was dammage so make the oder one running for 2 so motor hover heat realy quik now with screaming eagle wire run super
have a nice day
Al...:bigsmiley11:

tkx every body my probleme was one sparkplug wire was dammage so make the oder one running for 2 so motor hover heat realy quik now with screaming eagle wire run super
have a nice day
Al...:bigsmiley11:

Well that's a twist, must have been the load of pushing the bike down the road on one cylinder.

Back