free website stats program 2006 FXDWGI Inner Primary Problems -- HELP!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 FXDWGI Inner Primary Problems -- HELP!!!

aljenn09

I have a 2006 Dyna Wide Glide, and yes I do know all to well about all the problems that have been going on with these, and I am in no way new to riding bikes, as I have riden, raced and worked on my own for over 40 years, however ..... Not only do I get the whining noise, but mine, when upshifting (let's say from 3rd to 4th) will down shift from 3rd to 2nd! (Which causes a problem when I am "getting on it") I have taken this to 5 different dealers to be fixed (the first 4 acted like I was clueless about motorcycles, thus the change to the 5th), and 5 different times it will be fine for about a week, and then starts all over again. I have gotten work order numbers from Harley, and the last dealer also got work order numbers. The last dealer did get it fixed better than in the past (after adding the dowels that Harley decided to do without in the 06 6speed trannys and finding that 2 of the gears were "chewed" up), however, it is doing it again only after 1 1/2 months. I have read forum after forum on many different sites, however, have not seen one about a downshifting (by itself) problem. Also, I need to let you know that the last dealer is trying to help get the bike fixed for me, but it has been since April and it is now July, and no decision from Harley yet. Can somebody PLEASE help me with either a number, name or address, or even that you have had the same problem, so I or the dealership or both can get something done. The downshifting is dangerous and could throw the rider and passenger off, and someone that is not an experienced rider WILL have a major disaster if it were to happen to them. Thank you all in advance for any help.:D

Thanks JB ... I think I have already called this number, but ... I am going to try it again today. Maybe I will get someone more helpful this time. :newsmile036:

BTW anyone reading this ... My bike was under warranty (extended warranty) until after the last service.

Last edited by a moderator:
I contacted my local HD dealer about this problem. They gave me the runaroud about having it checked. After they had a long phone conversation with Harly headquarters they decided to repair my '06 fxdwgi with less than8,000 miles.They came about 35 miles and picked it up and replaced the old parts with new one at no charge.So, it can be done. They have to get it approved through HD. Get on the service manager to pressure them at corporate. Good Luck!

Back