free website stats program 2006 FXDi35 Rotor and Stator | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 FXDi35 Rotor and Stator

stevec217

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. Just want to start by saying thank you to everyone for all of your tips and tricks and for providing a great place to find info about my bike and it's issues.

Yesterday I replaced the stock 2 piece rotor (completely shredded the stator) with the one piece upgrade as well as the stator. I installed everything just the way it came out and the bike runs great. When I put the bike in gear, the clutch was grabbing. I adjusted the cable and clutch pack as specified in my service manual but it's still grabbing, and it slips during acceleration. Could my clutches have been damaged by the rotor explosion? I'm not a clutch expert by any means, I would like to get some insight before I buy a new clutch pack.

Thanks everyone!

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. Just want to start by saying thank you to everyone for all of your tips and tricks and for providing a great place to find info about my bike and it's issues.

Yesterday I replaced the stock 2 piece rotor (completely shredded the stator) with the one piece upgrade as well as the stator. I installed everything just the way it came out and the bike runs great. When I put the bike in gear, the clutch was grabbing. I adjusted the cable and clutch pack as specified in my service manual but it's still grabbing, and it slips during acceleration. Could my clutches have been damaged by the rotor explosion? I'm not a clutch expert by any means, I would like to get some insight before I buy a new clutch pack.

Thanks everyone!

Harley Davidson Community try this on a cold bike:s

What is that? Formula +?? Never had an issue with formula +. Good lube for primary. Recently went with spectro primary because was at indy dealer who sold spectro tranny fluid. One stop shop.
Also, if you fried your stator, primary fluid would be real black and smell burnt. Needs to be changed.

Some times you have to tear the clutch pack compleatly down and clean each and every piece. Look for warped disks or plates. In the wind.

Pops

What brand rotor and stator did you put in??

Pops

Last edited by a moderator:
Back