free website stats program 2006 fxdbi high pressure fuel fitting | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 fxdbi high pressure fuel fitting

toanjo

Im having trouble locating the schematic on how to replace the high pressure fuel line fitting in my service manual. I can see the instructions on how to disassemble/reassemble every part of the tank except the high pressure fuel fitting (fuel pump, gauge cluster, etc)?

Does anyone know if this is in the manual, could you point me to the right section? I feel like it has to be in there. Maybe Im not looking for the right keyword in the index.

If not, does anyone know how hard that fitting is to remove? Are there o-rings that seal it or a liquid/tape sealant? Any special tools to remove?

Im talking about the fitting on the underside of the fuel tank where the high pressure line connects. I need to move the fitting from one tank to another.

Thanks

Ok so I couldnt find this in the self help. I looked for quite some time. I think I found what I was looking for else-where.

Part #8 is an o-ring. After the fitting is removed, disconnect it at #9. Be careful not to break the plastic, if you do the entire part is about $45 to replace (you cant just get the plastic). It was also suggested to me to put some "liquid teflon sealant on the threads", though Im not sure I know what specific brand of sealant to use.

Hope this helps someone else. The service manual detailed how to do everything with the tank except the high pressure fitting.

photo.jpg

Yes this is the fitting, but this one is for the carb'd bike, mine is FI. Same idea though. I didnt actually break mine (yet), but everyone I talk to mentions to be careful, also every how to I read on this forum said to be careful. I mentioned the cost of the replacement as a "why" you should be careful. This is good info though, thanks for posting. If I break mine Ill be sure to check out JP cycles.

Toanjo, is this the fitting you are asking about or similar? J&P Cycles sells parts that are similar...

http://www.hdtimeline.com/fuel_and_carb_related_issues/8996-fuel_inlet_fitting_cv.html

Back