free website stats program 2006 FLHTC Radio Problem | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 FLHTC Radio Problem

Big-Daddy46

harmon kardon radio i used to love it till lately now i will be crusin down the highway and it will just blow a fuse for no apparnt reason has a 15 amp fuse thinking of trying a 20 amp any better advice. bought bike new wish i would have kept my old harley have had a few problems with this one and only has 11000 miles on it it also has the early injectors but my dealer said they dont replace them unless there is a problem is this right? seems like a lot (EDITED) comes out of harley and its dealers anymore like once you buy it its your problem no matter what. this post is not a flame to harley just an aggraveted owner who wish he had a EVO powered Harley.:bigsmiley19:

Last edited by a moderator:
15 amp is standard on most bikes. Replacing it with a 20 could damage the wiring on the bike if it overloads it. Sounds like a wiring problem.

Seems I hear this more and more with Harley.Ive had a few small SNAFU'S with my new one and recieved the same brush off.Ive now resorted to asking the service manager for every complaint to be documented with me recieving a copy..Seems we have some pretty strong consumer protection laws here in Mass.Three strikes for the same problem and they eat the bike.

Seems I hear this more and more with Harley.Ive had a few small SNAFU'S with my new one and recieved the same brush off.Ive now resorted to asking the service manager for every complaint to be documented with me recieving a copy..Seems we have some pretty strong consumer protection laws here in Mass.Three strikes for the same problem and they eat the bike.

Excellent idea that everyone should do., and to that I can add to make sure that they log YOUR complaint just as you tell it. They have a way of overlooking or minimizing it.

You may still be under warranty. Check with your dealer. We had to order a refurb radio for one 2 weeks ago that was doing the same thing.

Back