free website stats program 2006 FLHRCI suddenly quits | Harley Davidson Forums

2006 FLHRCI suddenly quits

roadking mike

My 2006 Roadking Classic developed an annoying problem today. Whil driving down the interstate the bike just shut off. No sputters or misfires, it just quit. I coasted to the shoulder and the bike started back up when I hit the starter. I proceed to ride about 80 miles and stop for lunch. About minutes after leaving the restruant the bike died again. This time I just squezed the clutch in, hit the starter and the bike fired up, quit again abouth 30 seconds later. I squeezed the clutch, hit the starter again and the bike started. I then rode about 35 miles home with no problems. Any ideas on where to start.

Suggest you get your dealer to read your EFI module codes.
I had that happen twice on a trip about a year ago when riding in miserable wet weather.
The code that came up was "no combustion rear cylinder"
The dealer figured maybe water got into the rear plug wire and shorted it out, thus causing no spark. When this sort of thing happens the EFI shuts down completely they told me.
Naturally this kind of thing happens when you are trying to pass a car or something similar. Very handy timing.
Mine has not done it since and that was several thousand kms ago.

Rod

I checked for codes and none were stored. I have riden about 500 miles with no problems since.

Mike,

If you have not already done this, disconnect the battery cables and clean both contact surfaces. Make sure that the cables are resecured tightly. Check all your grounds. Then with the bike running, wiggle the cable bundle coming out of the grips. If all that seems fine and the bike seems to be running OK, I am afraid that you will have to wait until it happens again. Cross your fingers.

TQ

Back