free website stats program 2005 FXDCI battery fuse blows immediately | Harley Davidson Forums

2005 FXDCI battery fuse blows immediately

John Reynolds

I have a 2005 fxdci (dyna super glide custom fuel injected)...
15 amp Battery fuse blows as soon you put it in.... Head and tail lights burn, signals are on but do not flash... I have the tssm pulled as well as both the start relay and accessories relay. I also have the voltage regulator and stator disconnected...

Thing is crazy.... had a blown battery fuse and replaced it, took it up the road and speedometer quit working as well as turn signals.... replaced fuse and did the same thing.... Parked it to check some things. Haven't taken anything loose at this point and now pops 15a battery fuse as soon as it makes contact in the fuse box whether the switch is turned on or not, still pops..... I took both relays out and unplugged the tssm and the stator and voltage regulator in an effort to isolate the troubled circuit.... by the way... can jump across the #30 and 87 pins where the start relay plugs in and it cranks and runs...
Any body got any ideas?
Also, is there a good repair manual with wiring schematics I can down load.... sure I need to trace the out let side of the battery fuse, seems as though has to be a short on it.... inlet side always hot with switch on or off.

Looks like you are going to have to use a meter, and start at the battery working forward. I have an 05' Wide glide manual, but I doubt if it will help you.

Pull all you fuses then install your battery fuse only and see if the fuse blows if it does check your starter motor. If it does not then start installing your fuses this will help you in isolating the problem circuit.

Back