free website stats program 2005 Dyna Dead Battery | Harley Davidson Forums

2005 Dyna Dead Battery

Neither, charge or replace the battery. It will not push start with less than about 9-10 volts in the battery. The ECM will not operate.

If you jump start your Harley, make sure the donor vehicles engine is off...and you need really good cables, but only to get you home or to the dealer to get the battery checked and charged. Because your battery is dead it has high resistance, so nothing will prevent transients coming from the donor charging system if it is running, causing damage to your charging system.

If you jump start your Harley, make sure the donor vehicles engine is off...and you need really good cables, but only to get you home or to the dealer to get the battery checked and charged. Because your battery is dead it has high resistance, so nothing will prevent transients coming from the donor charging system if it is running, causing damage to your charging system.

Very good point, and a bad battery will take its toll on the charging system and the electronics I would just replace it

If you dont ride often, trickle it. If you ride as much as I do, I replace every year. You may think thats a bit much. It gets up to 120's here. Batteries last 2 years at best.
Batteries are not expensive. And getting stuck (EDITED). So trickle it if you dont ride often and replace just a little early depending on your climate.

Language is not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Back