free website stats program 2004 FXSTSI,Deuce High Idle problem | Harley Davidson Forums

2004 FXSTSI,Deuce High Idle problem

Roulph

2004 FXSTSI,Deuce High Idle problem

I have had a number of problems with the bike most of which relate to various sensors failing. Recently I had an error code P0108 which is a MAP sensor failure. I have replaced it but now have high idle tick over. It is as if the auto choke is not adjusting after warm up. How do I adjust the idle setting please.

Thanks brothers for any suggestions

You don't adjust the idle on that bike. The dealer has to do it with the digital tech. More than likely the stepper motor (IAC) needs some attention or at the least an adjustment but it is not something you can do it the field. Dealer only.

I'm just wondering what kinda differance the power commander makes. I have an 01 deuce fuel injected with 40,000 which i put on all of them, and have never had a single problem with the engine. I do have a stage one air filter and screamin eagle pipes.
With the new air filter the dealer had to reprogram the injection.
Have you had that done since you put the power commander on? Did it make a differance? I was thinking of getting one, but am trying to way both sides.

The PC will do a good job of it but at a price. It should be dyno tuned to take advantage of the different settings that can be tweeked with it for best results. Your dealer download is an option but it is still on the very lean side for EPA reasons. I like to use the TFI for just adding a bit of fuel which is all the street bikes really need to run good being you have the stage 1 done already.

EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - Motorcycle, ATV, Snowmobile, UTV

More topics on this unit here...

Diagnostics and Fuel Injection Related - Harley Davidson Community

Back