free website stats program 2004 flhtc $9999.00 | Harley Davidson Forums

2004 flhtc $9999.00

Mavagrand

Buddy of mine is looking at the above bike at the local dealer. Bike has 37K on it and appears to be in good shape. He hasn't ridden it yet and it is missing the TourPak..previous owner installed a detachable kit and, for some reason, the TourPak is not with the bike. Opinions? Is this a good price? Other than the primary chain tensioner, anything else we should check out on this MY? According to the dealer, the bike is stock. thanx

Any service records offered? Really isn't very many miles and I have not check the KBB value but the price doesn't seem to high. How are the tires, and you might want to look at the master cylinder covers and check for leaks there. Might see if the dealer will give him some reduction on an extended warranty. Living where you do you need to check all the joints for corrosion.

Thanx for the reply, Don. Not sure about the service records, he didn't think to ask for them..new set of tires. I'll check the master cylinders for any leaks, good idea. Not sure what you mean about checking the joints for corrosion?

you mentioned the primary tensioner. I don't know if you meant the cam chain tensioners but I would want to know if they have been checked or replaced since the bike is in the mileage range to have this done.

you mentioned the primary tensioner. I don't know if you meant the cam chain tensioners but I would want to know if they have been checked or replaced since the bike is in the mileage range to have this done.

I meant the primary but do agree, a check of the cam chain tensioner is warranted. Good catch, I'll add that to the list.

The price on KBB is $10,250. I would check tires (dates),brakes pads etc. Make dealer correct any deficiences. Take it for a test ride. Also check to see if the dealer would provide any warranty on the bike in addition to what HDDon offered.

Very little to add to above, just my .02:
If tour pak is important to buyer, explore why missing/negotiate replacement. At retail price of ~$750 US (one colour) puts price over KBB.
Probably professionally detailed; they use products we only wish we had. Doubt you’ll find any weepage anywhere; check for paint bubbling or touch up at master cylinder. Nothing like a deal on extended warranty, especially if evasive on service records.

Very little to add to above, just my .02:
If tour pak is important to buyer, explore why missing/negotiate replacement. At retail price of ~$750 US (one colour) puts price over KBB.
Probably professionally detailed; they use products we only wish we had. Doubt you’ll find any weepage anywhere; check for paint bubbling or touch up at master cylinder. Nothing like a deal on extended warranty, especially if evasive on service records.

keep in mind as well that if you do negotiate a new tour pak to put on there, they aint going to be the same color. the bike itself has (to some extent) fading and discoloration your new one will be pristine. just something to think about, im a little obsessive, sorry :D

Throw in an extended warranty for 2 years and you have a winner:s

Back