free website stats program 2004 Dyna Wide Glide? | Harley Davidson Forums

2004 Dyna Wide Glide?

T-Skully

I’ve got my brother’s 2004 Dyna Wide Glide. I’m going to be changing all of the fluids in his bike over to Mobil 1 in the engine, Spectro in the trans and Formula + in the primary. I don’t have the ’04 manual and but I did download a ’03 Dyna manual off of this site. My questions is were there a lot of changes made on Dynas’ from ‘03 to ‘04 and are the fluid capacities the same? Thanks!

I’ve got my brother’s 2004 Dyna Wide Glide. I’m going to be changing all of the fluids in his bike over to Mobil 1 in the engine, Spectro in the trans and Formula + in the primary. I don’t have the ’04 manual and but I did download a ’03 Dyna manual off of this site. My questions is were there a lot of changes made on Dynas’ from ‘03 to ‘04 and are the fluid capacities the same? Thanks!

I think they are the same, but a good suggestion on here is to measure what comes out, and then start by putting that much back in. You can always add a bit more to "top off" once you measure with the dip sticks. On the primary, if you are putting it in where the derby cover goes, it is hard to overfill it by too much!! But again, measure and then replace that amount.

Proper Oil Changing Info - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

I've got an 04 WG and the owners manuals. I'm at work now and wont be home until later today (Saturday). I'll check the book and reply tonight. Hope thats not to late.

Thanks dhornick! I've got his bike for at least a week or two as he's out of town, so no it will not be too late. Thanks again for your help!:)

Thanks dhornick! I've got his bike for at least a week or two as he's out of town, so no it will not be too late. Thanks again for your help!:)

Right from page 2.1 of the 04 HD Dyna Owners Manual......
3.0 qt of oil with filter
24 oz Transmission
26 oz Primary

Thanks dhornick! This infor is big help. Do you have the fork oil amount too?

Well yeah but I'm back at work again so same as yesterday, you'll have to wait until I get home. I almost brought the book with me but didnt.

Fork Oil straight from page 2.1 of the 04 Dyna manual for a Wide Glide is 12 oz.

Another thing.. the oil amounts (3 qts) I gave you are for a complete dry oil change. If your doing a wet oil change it says 2.5 qts. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back